Saturday, November 24, 2012

Book Character Day




Every year around Halloween the third grade students at Deans Mill School dress up for Book Character Day. The students can dress up as one of their favorite characters from a book that they have read. Then they write down five clues about the character to see if others can guess who they are.





Sharing our clues on stage for the whole third grade





I agree with Mrs McKenzie. Character one was Pippi Longstocking. The very first clue gave it away for me because this was one of my very favourite books and movies when I was younger.





I think character 9 is Little Red Riding Hood. I liked this one because when I was in Grade Two I remember dressing up as Red Riding Hood for our Book Week Dress Up Day. My mum made me a basket full of pikelets that I gave out to everyone! (Pikelets are mini pancakes)





Every year at the start of the year we have a dress up day called LPS Day (LPS stands for Leopold Primary School). The kids all dress up as something beginning with L, P or S! In the past I have dressed up as a princess and a school girl. I wonder what I will be next year?





Good luck everyone else guessing the characters!





I always enjoy Trouwjurk Lange Mouw reading your posts.





Character 4 really made Eenvoudige Trouwjurken me smile! I just read this story with my 4 year old daughter, Isabella. She would be able to tell you that you are dressed like Skippyjon Jones! We refer to her little sister, Gabrielle, as the "smallest of the small ones."





This is a fabulous idea! The clues made your slideshow even more interesting. One of the schools that I have taught in had a similar book character day. Tell me if you can guess who I was dressed up as.





2. My earrings, outfit, socks, and shoes all matched the same theme.





3. I encouraged everyone to, "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!"





4. I had a pet named Liz. Can you guess who I was?





Dear Derek, Hope, and Margot,





You solved the clues! I was dressed up as Ms. Frizzle. I always thought that she was a pretty great teacher and thought it would be fun to try out split voor Prom Dresses her style.





I did not bring in a fake lizard to pretend to be Liz. That would've been a fun idea! However, I did have a classroom pet at that time that was a Leopard Gecko. He did not look the same as Liz, but it was fun to compare them! His name was Gizmo.


No comments:

Post a Comment