Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blog Bunting and Vintage Crockery Hire




Having spent the last few months sitting in various positions learning to knit I thought it would be a good idea to get outside in the glorious sunshine (that we have so Cocktailjurken 2013 often) and do some exercise. So I decided to enter the Sandman Triathlon on Anglesey to give me something to train for. The Sandman is in September so I thought hey I need some short High Low Schoolfeest Jurken term goals before September to keep me motivated. So I signed up for The Great North Swim (1 mile in Lake Windermere) and the Etape Eryri (47 miles around Snowdonia). Well I have just completed the Etape Eryri and am a feeling a little Trouwjurk Lange Mouw tired but very pleased with myself as it was the longest ride I have done and in a good time for me (not good compared to the pros but hey ho - maybe one day). After the recent torrential down pours the weather turned out amazing not too hot not too cold, the scenery was beautiful and the hills were hard.





Although knitting and road biking are worlds apart in the amount of aerobic capacity required there are some similarities in the amount of pain they cause me. Biking for hours hurts my legs and knitting for hours hurts my thumbs and both require focus on the end goal to blank out the pain. Anyway if anyone has any tips to alleviate either then they would be much appreciated. Alternatively I could stop doing them but that is not an option as I love both.





Apologies for neglecting my blog lately but I do have a good excuse. I have achieved one of my new years resolutions which was to learn how to knit and there is not a scarf in sight!! So far I have completed four knitting projects the first was a Diplodocus Dinosaur, my second project was a pair of baby booties, my third project was a pair of Mary Jane baby booties from a free pattern on the internet and my fourth project was a Tyrannosaurus Rex.





I am so impressed with myself I thought I would share some of my pictures with you and show all you beginners and want to be knitters out there that you don't have to start with knitting scarfs. The hardest part to knitting is reading the patterns and anything you don't know can be found on numerous tutorials on u tube - so get knitting.





Oooh its snowing looks like it might be a white christmas. I have decided my next new craft to learn is knitting so I can knit lovely long scarfs to keep me warm in weather like this.





I have my eye on a lovely chunky knit cream hat from Animal but am thinking for a hat is just too much. surely I could knit one for less??





Morning all, the count down to christmas is on with only three weekends left to fit in your Xmas shopping why not get started on-line. Less stress, Less Cold and more discounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment