Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wedding Planning Countdown




In my experience attending weddings, the only dress code line I've ever seen on an invitation is for a black-tie wedding. It never even occurred to me to include a dress code on my invitation, but wedding planner Mindy Weiss says that it is helpful to your guests.





If I had it to do again, which obviously I don't, Mindy would recommend including attire on the invitation.





"I always suggest you include attire/dress code," she said. was always black-tie."





But today, "with all these options comes a certain degree of uncertainty, and that's where the dress code comes in."





The dress code specification should go at the bottom of the invitation if the ceremony and reception are held in the same location, but if the reception venue is separate, it would go on the reception card.





Avoid "the cryptic dress code," Weiss writes, citing examples such as "resort formal," "beachside chic" or "country club casual," which only serve to further confuse your guests.





Some people also ask if it's ok for women to wear white or black to a wedding.





White is only appropriate "if it is required," Mindy said, "for example, a black and white attire."





Black, on the other hand, "is the most common color I see at weddings."





The most important thing, Mindy says, is that the bride and groom look like they belong together, and that the bridal party is as formally dressed or more formally dressed than the guests.


No comments:

Post a Comment