Friday, March 22, 2013

Wedding suggestions




THANK YOU! Why didn't I think of posting this. I also want to know!





I love the casual weddings. My buddy had his in the Memphis Botanical gardens and we all word really nice khaki pants with a very nice button up brown shirt and brown flip flops or sandels. his bride wore a traditional wedding dress, but everything else was casual. And all her brides maids had those chinese umbrella looking things that were in the colors she chose for her wedding. it was a very very nice wedding and everyone was comfortable.





At a wedding I attended, the bride and groom put a twist on the glass clinking/kiss thing. The person who started the clinking had to stand up and recite a poem to do with love before the couple would kiss. Some of the poems were very funny, and as a bonus the bride and groom got to eat their dinner (making the clinker stand up cut down on the number of times it was done).





Also those disposable cameras on each table (ask your guests to snap away and return them to a family member at the end of the night) make for some great candid pics for you the future Mrs. Zombie.





Oh and congratulations to the two of you! She's a lucky lady.





LMFAO that was priceless!!





I've been to a few. none impressed me. Way over the top. Best wedding I've ever been to, I actually didn't attend. I was in Central Park a few years back in March. Walking by the boathouse and it was foggy. I noticed that the tent was all lite up with little b-lights. I looked and saw a couple standing there with a minister. Just the 3 of them. I stood across the pond with goosebumps just watching. It was so ****ing breathtaking. they were all dressed up and there was no one there. So romantic.





Sigh.





Congratulations Zombie to you and the future Mrs. Zombie.





I photographed them for eight years.





I prefer buffets over sit downs. People tend to be more sociable, it is less stiff, and the bride seems to have a better time. Good bands for Weddings are very hard to find. I have may be seen one. It does not have to be huge and complicated. People want to see you happy, not stressed out!!!!! They will remember it more if you are happy. If bad things happen, like mistakes, take it in stride. People will remember the good over the bad.





Well I don't know how appropriate this is for a wedding, but it was freakin' hilarious.





When my cousin and her husband got married, my aunt had given all the women a "key" as they entered into the reception. When the best man made the toast, he was going on an on about how the groom's single days were over and how all the fun he had in his bachelor pad were all but a distant memory. Then he joked about how many women probably had keys to his place, and one by one, about 100 women walked up to the head table and dropped a key in front of the groom.





The look on his face was priceless. The entire room erupted in laughter.





Well I don't know how appropriate this is for a wedding, but it was freakin' hilarious.





When my cousin and her husband got married, my aunt had given all the women a "key" as they entered into the reception. When the best man made the toast, he was going on an on about how the groom's single days were over and how all the fun he had in his bachelor pad were all but a distant memory. Then he joked about how many women probably had keys to his place, and one by one, about 100 women walked up to the head table and dropped a key in front of the groom.





The look on his face was priceless. The entire room erupted in laughter.





Congratulations and have fun!





I think that you should have a yummy cake.





As long as it doesn't go against your grain, you may as well make your mamas happy at this point. 8) Like, the receiving line issue.





I would think one of those dvd's of the two of you would be fun. I have seen a couple that included pics of the bride and groom even when they were babies and growing up before they met each other. That would be a reception type of thing.





Seriously, do try to have lots of fun. It will be memorable for you because it is your wedding. I guarantee it will go by quickly. Every wedding has a different personality.


No comments:

Post a Comment