Thursday, October 25, 2012

4 Bridesmaid S Dresses




Haps, my wedding planner, and I had pretty much everything arranged. We were way ahead of schedule. I was a stickler for getting things done before necessary: that way I had time to deal with the unanticipated, and to make any rearrangements if I was so inclined.





We finally decided on the venue as Haps liked to call it. There was a new Grand Marriott hotel that had a wonderful (sizeable) ballroom: they wanted exposure for events and we wanted a good deal. It worked out for both of us. The hotel had a much publicized chef, Simon, and catering staff. We met with Simon. He wowed us with a sampling of dishes hors d eouvres, appetizers, entrees, and deserts; no need to look further. We even went so far as to leave the menu up to him, and were delighted when he told us what he had in mind. The florist and floral arrangements were agreed on after a few disagreements with my parents, not the florist. The band was really good; they would please more than enough of our guests and that was fine with me. The printer had designed a simple but beautiful invitation and they were going out the following week. Like I said, everything was falling into place.





But, and there is usually a but, I was having difficulty deciding on my wedding dress and hence my bridesmaid dresses. You d think I would have known my dress from day one. Well, guess again. I had seen a few dresses and I liked different things about each one, but that didn t help me much. So, I went in search of a designer/tailor. A friend of mine suggested this guy Jesse who was starting out and trying to make a name for himself: most important he was supposed to be very good. I called him. We met; I told him what I had in mind and then took him to see the dresses. He took his time looking at them, and then we went for coffee. Jesse took out a sketch pad and pencil: I sat silently. Coffee came, I drank and watched him. He sipped in between drawing and I waited. Patiently. About 15 minutes went by and he looked up and Avondjurken handed me his sketch. I was in seventh heaven. He knew just what I wanted, and he was just what I wanted for my dress, of course. Jesse suggested an egg shell white for my dress and also a silk and rayon combination for the material. I must have had a quizzical look on my face cause he smiled and told me not to worry it would be gorgeous. Dress Lange Avondjurken situation solved.





The only other thing I could think of that needed seeing to was my wedding favors. I wanted something unique, keepable, and usable. I had a way out thought. We all loved animals so I told the printer that I wanted the rsvp cards to ask each guest who was coming to note their preference for either a panda bear or polar bear, and to rsvp asap. I then went to my computer and started searching for a specialty company that made crystal type paper weights: polar bears with snow: panda bears with bamboo shoots. Once I found that and had the rsvps in I was going to order the paper weights with their respective choices. I thought it would be different, and I hoped our friends would too.





It s mouwloos avondjurken a beautiful feeling when everything comes together, and you know it s all going to work out just fine. I let out a sigh . smiled to myself . snuggled in bed with my dogs and cats, looked out my window, wished upon a star and drifted off into dreamland.


No comments:

Post a Comment